Saturday, June 12, 2010

2nd kiddo to the ER...

Well it happened... again..... I honestly thought it would be lil Kyran that ended up in the hospital again before the others but no.... little Zade thought he would be a daredevil and go there..... What happened? I know thats what I had to ask since I was not there to witness the actual event all I had was my 7 year olds explanation of how it all went down.
It all started with a trampoline (dang you trampoline all these years with no broken bones and injuries and now that record is ruined!) I hear some crying but that is a normal thing and then Landon screaming for me to come. So I booked it out there and Kyran is crying even harder I assume it is him that is hurt but no it is Kyran that had caused the wreck. Apparently they were wrestling Kyran grabbed Zades wrist twisted it and all 2 boys fell on Zade and Landon heard a funny noise. That was followed with a brief explanation how a dog was barking in the distance oh how I love kiddos explanations of everything.
Zade was trying to be tough but by the time I got him off the trampoline he was just sobbing that I am hurt bad kind of sobbing..... I almost teared up myself carried him inside that is when I noticed him clutching his lil arm and it was swelling up FAST! So we got some ice and I asked him to move his arm no luck and arm is still swelling so we pack it up and call Hiedi and then Katy and Jedd. Thank HEAVENS Katy came to the rescue it would have been NO fun to drag all 4 kiddos to the ER so she took two and I took Kyran so he could see what being so rough with his brothers and sisters could cause. So off we go and of COURSE the ER is just packed with people but they get Zade right in and he is still just sobbing.... His arm is just swollen and red they are almost positive it is broken won't give us meds for him to help because they are thinking he may need surgery. So we wait....and wait.....and then some more waiting I think 2 or 2 ambulances came in while we were there they get him xrayed and say well he may or may not have a fractured wrist. So they cast him up in a special splint and the PA student who did it was so busy asking me about jobs that I had found for Jesse he started putting the casting on backwards grrrrrrrr. I asked him to please pay attention to my child they got that on he started putting his sling on backwards so he had to redo that .... so finally we are done and Zade is just screaming and the doctor turns and says "If it was me Id be drinking a gallon of whiskey tonight" I was not a happy girl with that comment and replyed if his arm hadn't been messed with so much he would probably not be screaming so much. So we left with a very sad Zade and gathered the kiddos and went home. Zade didnt sleep much at all that night he was in so much pain it broke my heart but the night after he did so much better and now he had discovered he can use his arm as a weapon so I think all in all he is tickled pink with his new accessory.
I am so thankful it was just that and it keeps me humbled as to my children are my life in all ways they come first. I would have gladly given my arm up for Zade but unfortunatley I could not do that and makes me think about the future. How my kids are all gonna hurt and have their hearts broken I will want to take it for them but will not be able to much like all parents. Including our Heavenly Father he sees us all hurt and go through painful experiences both physically, emotionally, and spiritually but he gives us the greatest gift and lets us grow from them how we will. While that may be bitterness and resentment that we grow or if we think it through it is love an forgiveness and the sweet calm and purity that grow with it slowly but surely if we let it. So here we go kiddos yes go play and be kids try not to hurt one another but if you do I am here to fix you physically and help heal that hurt heart but ultimately if I can show you to turn to your Father in heaven for the healing of your soul I will be a success as a mother and will rest easy.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

At least he's using the cast as a weapon. Boys will be boys. Always.