Monday, June 14, 2010

Trip to COLORADO!!!

COLORADO TRIP 2010!!!!!!!!





My babies!!!


So I am sure if you are on facebook you saw that we took a big trip to Colorado with Jesse and stayed with him while he worked away.....
It was a charming little house just about 900 sq feet VERY cozy for 6 plus one roomate later on... one thing about Colorado that I had forgotten (don't as me HOW I had forgotten but I did...) It is HOTTER THEN HADES!!! and after having a rather cool summer here in Idaho (thank you thank you thank you!! my pregnant body thanks you Idaho!) going from 50's and 60's to 95 degrees everyday was a HUGE change so needless to say I lived on popsicles right along with the kiddos.
We got to do so many fun things while we were there since Jesse was working 6pm-3 am hed come home and sleep till about 8:30-9:00am and we would go play for the rest of the day.
One adventure we took off to the mountains we didn't really know where we were going but ended up at this mountain trail called "Gunnison Trails" so we decided to take a leisurely walk (ha ha ha leisurely walk in 95 degree weather yeah right....) so we walk around the base and start the slow climb and noticed on our sides lizards just darting everywhere the boys were THRILLED! so then we started climbing up rocks getting higher and higher I admit it I was having to much fun to notice how high we were getting and the views were INCREDIBLE. I didnt stop to see how far I had come till we saw a couple that passed us and the girl said you are one BRAVE lady. I turned around and saw how high we were and decided I had gone far enough ....but of course my boys had to go to the top so Riya and I hung out in the shade while they finished up. Going up is SO SO much easier then coming down I forget that seeing my feet is difficult these days! after that we headed home .....
Oh my that was a steeep climb for such a big belly!!!
Next adventure was DINOSAUR QUARRY! they had dug out a few dinosaurs here and we were anxious to see the old mines and the remaining fossil bits. It was suppossed to be about 1 mile but ended up more like 2 miles with our big stroller we had to come up with some creative ways to get around some of the rougher trail... thank heavens for my man I was so scared when he had the stroller like that I stood at the bottom in case he slipped so I could grab them before they hit the steeper part but PHEW all went well and we all went home and enjoyed some ice cream GREAT DAY!!!

He had it all under control but still....







Do you see Jesse and the stroller I was flipping out .... my babies were in there!


Dinosaur quarry climbed up this big rock and were "flying"
Then came the great lizard hunt... the boys just begged us to go back and catch some lizards so of course we had to go back..... With strawberry containers in hand Jesse and I snuck up and managed to catch 3 huge lizards one which unfortunately escaped when our stroller tipped over. The boys named them Pheneus and Ferb and we had so much fun watching them eat and hang out.... After a few days though we decided to return them back to nature and the boys were so sad but understood...


This is Ferb




and then here is Pheneus.
Our final hike was to the Rattlesnake Arches... I had read the trail guide and it had said it was pretty easy going so for me big ole prego lady that sounded great! We start out on Sunday we thought it was a easy trail so it would be a leisurely day oh boy.... then we drove some more and some more.... and these roads were not nice roads some straight up verticle putting out Yukon in 4 wheel drive roads! after 3 hours of driving we finally get to the trail head and I am hurting a little bit hard to balance yourself in a big old car like that with a baby kicking you from the inside and the road kickin your bum from the outside. We take this beautiful hike and it is fairly easy and GORGEOUS this is where we got the arch pictures I would love to do it again... when not pregnant that is! on the way back in went faster but I started contracting fairly regular so we got home got me my meds and luckily they stopped pretty fast once I was out of the car PHEW won't do that again! but the memories we made were priceless I will always remember this trip it was amazing!

He really is so handsome Im so dang lucky!





Then there was the roomate that came back.... he wasn't suppossed to be back we don't even know why he was there really.... he was the weirdest guy EVER and a slight alcoholic on top of it .... now I have no problem with what people do I really try not to judge but please don't come home reaking of alcohol to a pregnant lady while telling her you are perfectly capable of driving home when you cannot even stand up straight much less miss that wall you hit smack on. I have known to many people who have lost their lives driving drunk or being hit by a drunk and that heartache is not worth it YOU should know this DOCTOR grrrr ......
Anyhoo the last night we had a long conversation about what he wants to do with his life which is quite nobel he wants to implement health care into schools from kindergarten till graduation so people are not so clueless about things they DO have control over especially the big one we are faced with these days obesity .... he was telling me the facts (I think) and they are staggering he said our young children are getting diabetes in elementary school our kids are getting STD's in ELEMENTARY school good gracious I almost passed out. After making a mental note to have a long talk with Landon SOON I bid him goodnight and wished him well. He did his stuff and I headed to the bathroom because Im pregnant and thats what I do.... walk in and SLIPPPP! oh man ....please dont tell me ..... yep this guy peed on the floor not just a lil bit ALOT so after cleaning up DOCTORS pee and taking a scalding hot shower grumbling the whole time I went to bed. Next morning it was SO hard not to mention my horrifying incident in the bathroom but I was polite sigh.... seriously what a way to end out the vacation right!
So all in all GREAT MEMORIES and GREAT TIMES and most importantly I was able to hang out with my handsome man .... I am so proud of him I look and see how he has grown during all this intense schooling and heart swells with pride. We are SO close to graduation and moving onto the next step. The house, with the white picket fence, a few dogs, a million kids (this is my fantasy not yours ha ha) and I am SO anxious and feel so blessed we get to graduate and shortly after welcome our sweet baby girl into the world how lucky are we! so here is to vacations, stories, lizards, and hopefully surviving to the end!!!


you know we snuck in time to check out the local mall and shops! ahhh so fun to have a girl!!!

What can I say.... he's my man and I love him to pieces! even with this face ;0)

No comments: