Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Riyas birth story


Hello all....

Welll Jesse said it all pretty well but I will give my account of what happened from the beginning. It started on Friday I started leaking a lil bit of fluids like I did with Landon before my water broke and then Saturday I went in after it got worse. I tested positive for amniotic fluid where it had gushed but then when they swabbed me it was negative so they werent sure what was going on. Sunday woke up and it had gotten even worse and I told Jesse I was pretty sure this was it wasnt feeling quite right anyways we went in and as I started walking towards the hospital just got a really bad contraction worse then normal. Went in got hooked up and soon it was obvious I was in labor. They tried to stop it but there was no stopping the contractions they were pretty vicious they sent me in to get an ultrasound and found Riya was breech and sideways which Im sure now is why my contractions seemed to hut a little more with Riya then with my other boys. They then made the decision to send by ambulance to St Vincent which has the better NICU. ALways wanted to know what it was like in a ambulance but really not that exciting REALLY bumpy so it hurt and still had not gotten any pain medicine for labor so I was really uncomfortable. I got there and they immediately started getting me ready to csection as I had dialated from 1cm to 3cm from just traveling so I had picked up really quick. I then got my spinal which was VERY scary but the nurseanestisis was amazing her name was Hiedi and she wasj ust great. They opened me up and Riya was born! after that they looked at the uterus and found my cyst had grown to the size of a baseball so got me all cleaned up and sewed up. Our little monkey weighs four pounds nine ounces and is doing well! We are so excited she is here safely and I am safe to although it has been hard to be here and have that feeling of failure as I wanted to carry Riya to the end so badly. She is such a little fighter though always has a leg straight out and will kick off the blankets when they swaddle her to get that way! Shes beautiful her brothers are SO excited to meet her and cant wait to meet their new little sister. We have been treated like gold here our ward has stepped up and just really been amazing not only that but Jesses class has been like family coming over and setting up meals for us we have been so blessed!

No comments: